Your air conditioning system can last for more or less 15 years while it provides the needed temperature for your home. However, like every machine, you must schedule regular maintenance checkups and inspections on HVAC New Orleans systems to make sure they last without having to waste too much energy.
What Does Maintenance Involve?
The good thing about hiring a technician is you don’t have to do any of the work involved. One primary problem you need to keep in mind in routine maintenance is knowing how to clean and change the air filter. You can ask the technician for help with this. The rest of the work will be up to the technician:
- Check the condenser coils and evaporator to ensure that they are clean and without any obstructions to release or absorb heat.
- Check on the level of the refrigerant to make sure it didn’t drop. If your machine lost a refrigerant charge, it could be that your system leaks.
- Takes a look at the on the electrical system and make adjustments when necessary
- Check the condensate pan to clean and remove the moisture on the evaporator coils to prevent overflow.
- Lubricate the motors after cleaning for the compressor and fans to make it does not experience any mechanical stress that might result in a burnout
- Check the thermostat if it reads the correct temperature and make any recalibrations if necessary.
- Clean the air filter or replace it. However, you will carry the responsibility of doing this job for the entire summer, so remember to do it once every month.
The technician let you know if there are problems needed for repair on your air conditioner that should have been fixed since the spring season. Remember that you don’t miss your schedules to avoid risking costly maintenance repairs in the long run.
Common AC Issues
Frequently, AC systems always show warnings before they break down. In most cases, air conditions still show minor signs including, unusual noises and odors before breaking down dully. One of the most effective ways to avoid complete replacements before the system reached its limits is constant repairs and maintenance.
At Air Conditioning New Orleans, you receive the best services with valued technicians’ maximum performance and skills. In having your system checked regularly, you can guarantee that your AC will operate at its best.